Why soy wax?
- Soy is a natural wax option compared to some paraffin based waxes that are derived from petroleum and may contain chemicals
- Does not contain petrol-soot that might blacken walls and ceilings
- Burns at a lower temperature which will lengthen the life of your candle
- It is derived from a renewable, plant based resource (soy beans)
- Biodegradable and easily cleans up with hot, soapy water
- Supports business for local farmers
Let's talk science quickly...
Soy wax, on a molecular level, is very dense and heavy. It takes a bit longer for soy wax to heat up to the point of being able to adequately disperse throughout your home because of its density.
So, allowing the candle to burn at least 2 hours will give it enough time to begin filling your home with our wonderful aromas!
What is the best burning method for my candle?
Allow your candle to reach the sides of your jar and create a full melt pool, especially on the first burn to ensure proper burning for subsequent burns. This typically takes about 4 hours!
- melt pools are designed to grow by 1" per hour. Our jar is 3.5" wide so you should reach a full melt pool by 3-4 hours.
Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4" prior to each burn. This will ensure a clean burn with little to no soot.
- If you notice your candle sooting excessively, blow out your candle, trim your wick and be sure to keep out of drafty areas.
Do not allow your candle to burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- If you are one of those cozy candle lovers who wants a candle going all day long then here's what I suggest: rotate through the candles you have burning! Allow your candle to rest in between burn for a minimum of 2 hours and then re-light! This will lengthen the life of your candles by 10+ hours!
Keep out of reach of children and pets and keep away from drafty areas
Burn on a level, heat resistant surface and do not place anything above the candle
Products are made to order and will be shipped out in 2-3 business days.
Shipping to US only via USPS, UPS or FedEx